Thursday, January 31, 2008

Meeting at five and twenty past

Wossaname, that ‘you-know’ thing

Back when the number 50 used to run

Does it still run?

And Eileen had her legs, and good legs they were

Back when Crystal Palace was something

The doings.... the dinosaurs


I know, and Horse Guards Parade was a day out

The Cenotaph; that would make ‘em smile

And that Imperial War museum

I held their hands then

Before they got so big


Yes, and ‘hello matey’ meant something

And everywhere, yes everywhere, was always close

Always close to St. Leonards

Not the 'When I grow rich' one

That's another story

And that purple shirt, makes me laugh

He never bought me that purple shirt

Did I leave the gas on?


I always preferred tea

From the pot, poured properly

You know what I mean

With a newspaper

Not this stuff

On a stool

In the window of Pret a Manger

It just not right you know

I know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home