Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Ode to Spike

What is a Bongaloo Daddy?
A Bongaloo sonny said I
Is a long time ago
When I sat on a knee
Saw a future within my mind’s eye

What is true love Daddy?
True love sonny said I
Is the feeling you get
When someone you’ve met
Takes your heart and you don’t know why

What is hypocrisy Daddy?
Hypocrisy sonny said I
Is talking of values
You hold in your heart
And living a terrible lie

What is our God Daddy?
Our God sonny said I
Is relief from a life
Belief in our strife
Is even beyond the word ‘why’

What is a family Daddy?
A family sonny said I
Is us all alone
Internally blown
A unit to huddle and cry

What is my problem Daddy?
Your problem sonny said I
Is one of perception
Our greatest deception
The body is greater than ‘I’

What is Morquio’s Daddy?
Morquio’s sonny said I
Is something I hate
The future I wait
And question that massive ‘why?’

What is poetry Daddy?
Poetry sonny said I
Is a way of releasing
That pressure increasing
Enabling me to not cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home